St Mary’s Parish Primary School Grafton began in 1868 with the first school being established in a storeroom in Victoria Street. The school moved into new premises nearer to St Mary’s Church in 1881, accommodating 200 students, where it grew rapidly under the care of the Sisters of Mercy who arrived in 1884. Thus began the system of Catholic Education that was to serve the Parish of Grafton.
St Mary’s Parish Primary School boasted an enrolment of 36 students in 1868 during its inaugural year of operation. We proudly provide faith-filled quality education for 186 students in 2020. After an amalgamation process including St Mary’s Primary School and Our Lady Help of Christians Infant School, the new premises at Turf St were occupied in 2008.